Sheep & Goat Pregnancy Testing
This test offers a safe, accurate, and easy alternative for confirming pregnancy in sheep and goats. BioPRYN® measures the presence of Pregnancy-Specific Protein B (PSPB), a protein only produced by the placenta of a growing fetus, in the blood circulation of the ewe and doe.
BioPRYN is a useful technology that can be used for the reproductive management of sheep, meat and dairy goat herds. In addition to being safe, accurate and easy to use, BioPRYN is supported by industry experts educated in integrating the test to improve the reproductive programs.
Testing is performed weekly on Tuesdays
Results sent out the next day by mail, FAX, or email
5 Easy Steps for submitting samples
1. Make a list of all your sheep/goats.
2. Download the submission form. SUBMISSION FORM
3. Sample at least 2 ml of blood from the jugular using a new needle for each animal.
4. Number the tubes with a tube sequence number and the animal number. Also place the two numbers on the submission form.
5. Package your samples, your submission form and mail to NHVDL
A blood collection kit including 50 tubes, needles and needle holder are available for $34.50 (Call the lab to order (603) 862-2726)
Postal Shipping Procedures
1. Bundle the labeled tubes together in groups of 1-10 tubes with a rubber band.
2. Place inside a leak proof Ziplock bag.
3. Wrap the bundle with absorbent paper towel or newspaper (enough to absorb all fluid if all tubes break).
4. Pack the bags with bubble wrap or absorbent news paper inside a cardboard box (we do not suggest using padded envelopes) with the submission form, a check made payable to UNH, and seal the box.
5. Address the box to:
NH Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
129 Main St., Kendall Hall
Durham, NH 03824
6. Write the following on the outside of the box.
Exempt Animal Specimen
- About Us
- Tests, Fees, Forms
- Shipping & Supplies
- Contact Us
- Quick Links